This week was the second week of school. Classes are in full swing and things are crazy! In my Family Relations class, we discussed many things. Something that stood out to me was the decline in children people are having. Now days, people would rather focus on their education and get a good steady job before starting a family, or even having a family at all. To me, it is your own decision and personal preference you want. But, the Lord commanded us to replenish the Earth and the way to do that is through having kids and raising them. People are only wanting one or two kids in today's society, and that is not even close to the amount of kids needed to fill in the gaps that will be when the baby boomer generation retires completely. more and more people are retiring and not enough people are taking their place. There won't be enough people working to pay for their retirement, and things like that. The population shortage is getting worse every day. There are more people dying then there are being born, and that is a huge problem. Talking about this in class opened my eyes to the problem more. 

Like I said earlier, God's plan was for us to replenish the earth and have big families. When I think back at my childhood, I had siblings and a whole bunch of cousins. When I think about that being taken away from me because my parents didn't want to have other kids or my aunts and uncles only wanting a few, it makes me so sad. Most of my childhood memories encompass my siblings or relatives.

The only way for those kids up in heaven to receive bodies is through us here on earth providing it for them. It is not fair of us to deny them that right. I am so glad my parents chose to have many kids. If they would have stopped at three, I would not be here. If they would have stopped after me, I wouldn't have my little brother. My family wouldn't be complete without any of us. I know when it is my turn to have kids, I want to have a big family so my kids grow up with siblings and have those experiences that many kids in today's society do not get. I wouldn’t trade my family for the WORLD. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage and Cohabitation

Divorce and Remarriage

Communication in Relationships